A lawyer for E. Jean Carroll, the former magazine writer who successfully sued former President Donald Trump for sexual abuse and defamation, said she would consider filing a new lawsuit over Mr Trump’s comments at a town hall from CNN.
During the prime-time session, Mr Trump said Ms Carroll was a “crazy job” and her assault complaint was a “made up story”.
Ms Carroll’s lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, said she would consider another libel suit.
“It’s all on the table, obviously, and we need to think about it seriously,” the attorney told The New York Times, who also interviewed Ms Carroll after the civil verdict and town hall.
Ms Carroll said she did not watch the town hall live, but her lawyer sent her a transcript in the morning.
“It’s just stupid, it’s just disgusting, despicable, disgusting, it hurts people,” she told the newspaper. “I am shocked on behalf of young men in America. They can’t listen to this nonsense and this old view of women, which is a caveman view.
The Manhattan jury last week cleared Mr Trump of raping Ms Carroll in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s, but ordered him to pay about $5 million, or about $2 million for lane fact and approximately $3 million for defamation.
Mr. Trump filed a notice of appeal with the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on Thursday, shortly after Judge Lewis Kaplan formally upheld the jury’s decision and ordered Mr. Trump to pay Mrs. Carroll.
Mr. Trump leads the GOP pack in early polls for the 2024 presidential primary.
CNN’s decision to hold a town hall has divided opinion, with some angry he was given a big stage for slamming Ms Carroll and repeating unsubstantiated claims about the 2020 election in front of a Trump-friendly audience while others said it was a legitimate exercise for the news network to sit down with a former president and top candidate of 2024.